26th April 2023
Table of contents
- From the devs
- From the community
- We need your comments
- Good first issues
- Stay tuned
- Thank you!
We have some announcements to share with you.
- 📢 Discontinuation of virtual office hours:
- We will transform the existing virtual hours to another form such as quarterly webinar. But we haven't decided how often we hold the webinar or what to cover. Please stay tuned.
- 🙌 Armeria adopters page and limited goods package:
- You can now show off how well your service takes advantage of Armeria!
- Don't forget to request the limited goods packages.
- 🚛 Moving to Discord:
- We decided to move to Discord to preserve all past messages.
- But no rush! We'll run the both Slack and Discord for a while. Please join our Discord server whenever you're ready.
- 🌟 We're now 4K family members!
- It's amazing to see the steady growth of stars. Thank y'all!
Resilience4j circuit breaker support
Improvements in gRPC support
- Asynchronous ServerInterceptor + Kotlin Coroutine support
- Improved annotations support
- Improvements in gRPC HTTP/JSON transcoding
Spring Boot 3 support (and dropping Spring Boot 1)
Improvements in DocService
Markdown and Mermaid support for DocService
Autocompletion support for gRPC and Thrift
- 🎓 Try out this guided tutorial for gRPC Service! This super friendly and simple tutorial will guide you to make a blog service just like the previous tutorial for REST services. But this time, you'll try step by step guide including:
- Implement Armeria gRPC service and client
- Exception handling
- Invoke gRPC service via DocService
- 🔋 Here are some cool open source projects powered by Armeria:
- 🤔 Your opinion means a lot to us. Please let us know what you think about these proposals:
- 🔰 Want to contribute but not sure where to start from? Try this issue:
- #4797 Contain which file doesn't exist in the response so that user get more clues to distinguish if the file service isn't bound at all or only the file doesn't exist
Sign up for our newsletters to keep up-to-date with new releases and useful tips!